It’s been quite the week here at Brideside as we field hundreds of inbound emails and phone calls from angry, confused and (understandably) upset brides and bridesmaids.
The main question everyone is asking is, “What’s going on with Alfred Angelo?”
Well, we wish we had all the answers for you, as we’re just as shocked as everyone else.
Here’s what we do know, and we’ll continue to provide updates as this news develops:
– Starting June 30th, Alfred Angelo stores were no longer accepting custom bridesmaid dress orders. Store employees were instructed to refer customers to place their bridesmaid dress orders with Brideside
– On Thursday, July 13th Alfred Angelo announced to their employees and 61 retail stores that they were ceasing all operations. Any outstanding dress orders would not be fulfilled by Alfred Angelo
– On Friday, July 14th the company officially filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. As the news leaked and brides and bridal parties began seeking answers, Alfred Angelo did not issue any formal statements.
– The bankruptcy filings listed company assets as no more than $50,000 with liabilities exceeding $50 million dollars
– On Monday, July 17th, the Alfred Angelo website was updated with a brief statement including directions for customers seeking the status of their outstanding orders. Margaret Smith is the court-appointed bankruptcy trustee, and customers were directed to email order status requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
– On July 20th CBS News reported that a judge had that brides with July weddings would be allowed to pick up their dresses in stores
– As of July 20th, Patricia Redmond, the Stearns Weaver Miller lawyer representing Alfred Angelo in the bankruptcy, confirmed that dresses that were in still transit would not be released to customers. Claim forms would be sent in the mail.
Seriously?? We know.
As the phones are ringing off the hook, we’re taking this moment to remind ourselves of our mission, which is to provide peace of mind during the sometimes stressful process of wedding planning.
So here’s to all the brides and bridal parties who are left in a pinch. Our hearts go out to you.
Our team is all hands on deck as we respond to this unexpected turn of events in real time.
If you ordered an Alfred Angelo dress through Brideside, please be assured that your purchase amount will be available as a Brideside credit or full refund, and we will do everything we can to support you.
Here are the ways we can help:
– Transition your order into a similar dress style and color available from a different designer
– Identify rush or quick delivery options available to meet the wedding date
– Find creative solutions for your unique situation
– Be available for questions, ranting and/or crying
Our promise to you is to provide transparency and help you seek out information to make the best decision possible for you and your bridal party.
We’ve gathered the following resources to help!
– Quick Ship, Rush & Discount Options – We’ve partnered with our designers to offer the best discounts and rush options for bridal parties with cancelled Alfred Angelo orders
We’re here for you.