Not that they ever really went away but ponytails are back! Why spend your hard-earned dollars on an up-do for those summer weddings you’re in when you can try these DIY styles and look like a million bucks! Here are our favorite ponytails and all the products you need to finish off the look.
Blake Lively: Messy & Chic
1. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray: A quick spray for volume.
2. Marilyn New Yorker Downtown Flat Brush: Take the top section of your ponytail and tease underneath to give you some volume to work with before you tie it back.
3. Finish the look by wrapping some hair around the base and secure it with a bobby pin.
Jennifer Morrison: Braided & Classic
1. Oribe Nourishing Hair Oil: Gives your hair the smooth, sleek look and will prevent fly-aways in the summer humidity.
2. ½ Inch Ceramic Straightening Iron: Smooth and straighten a bit before you begin the braiding at the your crown of your head.
Here’s a little YouTube clip to help you make a killer braid.
Diane Kruger: Glamor and Grace
1. Petal Charm Hair Ties: Sweeten it up with colorful hair-ties.
2. Conair Curling Wand: When you secure your hair in a ponytail to the side, start curling is small pieces for a tight curl that will hold. Pull a few pieces out for bangs that frame your face.
3. Fekkai Coiff Sheer Hold Hairspray: Find a good holding spray that will hold your curls, but won’t make hair stiff or sticky.